With global demographic changes, a changing healthcare focus, and the cost pressures driven by the healthcare reform, the challenges facing the pharmaceutical industry are daunting. These social and economic shifts are creating some unprecedented trends, possibly reshaping the industry for the foreseeable future.
The US pharmaceutical industry is a highly globalized industry, dominated by multinational companies that engage in significant business activity in many countries and whose products are distributed and marketed worldwide. The industry has undergone dramatic structural changes over the past few decades, with the rise of the biotechnology sector, substantial growth in demand driven by demographics and substitution away from other therapeutic modalities such as surgery, and increased competition from globally active generic manufacturers.
China – The growth was mainly fueled by rising annual disposable incomes, expanding middle-class populations and growing incidence of chronic diseases. Prevention is now center stage as a way to possibly reduce longer term spending on healthcare. The aging population will also play into prevention, as there is greater focus on this rapidly expanding segment of the population. This prevention will in-turn lead to a greater emphasis on vaccines.
Priority Metrics Group conducts custom market research and provides unparalleled insight needed for uncovering growth opportunities in the pharmaceutical and related healthcare markets.
Our Research Includes
- Opportunity assessment
- Market sizing
- Market assessment
- Brand awareness
- Mergers & acquisition research
- Competitive intelligence
- Customer insight
- Employee satisfaction
- Customer mapping
Areas of Concentration
- Market growth drivers
- Opportunity assessment
- New product development / Innovation
- Patient Experience
Representative Pharmaceutical Projects
- Assessment of process, issues/differences, and brand selection surrounding the prescription and fitting of multi-focal contact lenses andmono-vision lenses. The study included both the US and UK markets.
- Conducted study of Brazilian TB testing and diagnostic market, including competitive landscape and profiles.
- Global assessment of the competitive landscape for nicotine replacement gum, including product claims, current technical developments, and identification of possible licensing agreements.
- Completed LATAM market assessment of medical glove market, including overall demand, supply chain analysis, regulatory environment, and in country manufacturers.
- Understand the price sensitivity of corrective eye procedures (lenses, corneal inlays, Lasik, and other treatment options) as well as other decision criteria. The study included Asia, Canada, LATAM, and rest of world.
Clients in the Pharmaceuticals Market Include
- TB Blood Test
- Medical Gloves
- Pharma Tech Industries