Many think of high-tech as being comprised of computer-related industries and occupations. However, the Workforce Information Council defines the high-tech sector as any industry having high concentrations of workers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) occupations. These include various types of engineers, IT workers, scientists, post-secondary teachers, and managers of these workers. And the STEM workers are employed in many different industries.
The petroleum and oil and gas sectors have the highest output per employee ratios, followed by chemicals and wireless telecommunications. State government has the lowest ratio followed by management, scientific and technical consulting. Most technical industries operate at a productivity rate equating to $400K to $600K output per employee.
Priority Metrics Group has completed studies in a wide variety of high-tech industries including software, hardware, testing, research and development, advanced industrial equipment and machinery, petrochemicals, digital printing, chemicals, resins and fibers, and many others. We understand the fast-paced environment of technology driven companies and are equipped to respond in kind. Our deep knowledge of research and applications across many different technology platforms makes PMG the choice for your technology market research.
Our Research Includes
- Opportunity assessment
- Market sizing
- Market assessment
- Brand awareness
- Mergers & acquisition research
- Competitive intelligence
- Customer insight
- Employee satisfaction
- Customer mapping
Areas of Concentration
- Fibers and Resins
- Industrial Machinery
- Instruments and Equipment
- Pharmaceutical and Medical
- Petroleum and Petrochemical
- Professional Services
- Research & Development Companies
Representative Technology Projects
- Size a target market segment for ERP software in China and develop a winning value proposition.
- Identify and prioritize potential markets for a new technology innovation not yet in the marketplace, and develop business plan for market entry.
- Develop and facilitate an innovation team with output of vetted, needs-driven product opportunities in 16-week cycles.
- Conduct a Customer Insight Survey to determine performance and importance of critical attributes, as well as competitive position
- Identify specific growth opportunities including profiling of need and mapping of customers (location, purchasing contact, current product specifications, volume, and unmet needs)
- Develop and confirm market-specific information for a medical products company looking at France and Japan as possible areas of expansion.
Clients in the Technology Sector
- ACS Technology
- AirDye Solutions
- Free Form Fibers
- MAX Analytical
- Perkin Elmer
- SiO2 Medical Products